This morning I didn’t want to open my eyes and get out of bed. I know it’s not true but I try to convince myself that if I don’t open my eyes I’ll be able to go back to sleep for another hour or so. Once my eyes open for the first time in the morning my mind becomes active and I start thinking about all the things I could or should be doing.
There are so many things to open each day. As I wander around my apartment in my morning stupor I open:
- The blinds to let the daylight in to brighten my outlook.
- The fridge to get some juice or milk, but usually end up opening diet soda.
- My mind to let the positive thoughts begin to form.
- My email to see what The Daily Prompt will be.
- My journal to record the fragments of last nights dreams.
There are an infinite number of possibilities open to each of us every day, I try to choose the ones that will inspire me to live a better more creative life.